The Public Health Research Awards were developed by CAHPR and Public Health England (PHE).
The 2018 Public Health Research Awards
The Public Health Research Awards are delivered by CAHPR in collaboration with Public Health England (PHE) and are aimed at novice or early career researchers. The awards recognise AHPs contribution to high quality research that supports one or more of Public Health England’s priorities.
- Tackling obesity, particularly among children
- Reducing smoking and stopping children starting
- Reducing harmful drinking and alcohol related admissions
- Ensuring every child has the best start in life
- Reducing the risk of dementia
- Tackling the growth in antimicrobial resistance
- Promoting workplace wellbeing
- Increasing physical activity
- AHP interventions showing an impact on population health outcomes and/or wider determinants of health
Applications for the 2018 awards are now closed.
2017 Winners' Feedback
"Without the CAHPR award I would not have been able to attend the Public Health England conference to share our work. The financial assistance and abstract support from CAHPR was fantastic. Thank you!"
John Renshaw, paramedic
“I was impressed with the reach, strategy and data analysis of PHE and was struck how much I could benefit from closer working relationships. I hope to develop strong working relationships in my new role!”
Esther Clift, physiotherapist
"The conference expanded my current knowledge on pertinent public health issues. I was not aware of some of the issues before attending."
Laran Chetty, physiotherapist