Entries are now open for 2019. New for 2019: systematic reviews are now eligible.
The Public Health Research Awards
The Public Health Research Awards are delivered by CAHPR in collaboration with Public Health England (PHE) and AHPS4PH. The awards are aimed at novice or early career researchers. The awards recognise AHPs contribution to high quality research that supports one or more of Public Health England’s priorities.
Three prizes will be awarded in 2019. Winners each receive:
- Opportunity to display your research at the the Public Health England conference in September 2019.
- £500 towards associated expenses: travel, registration costs, poster design.
Step 1: pre-application support
CAHPR hubs can offer advice and support to submit your application. To access this support, visit the Regional Hubs and contacts page to find details for your local hub.
Step 2: submitting an application
Application is by submission of high quality research, that supports one or more of the following PHE priorities:
- Tackling obesity, particularly among children
- Reducing smoking and stopping children starting
- Reducing harmful drinking and alcohol related admissions
- Ensuring every child has the best start in life
- Reducing the risk of dementia
- Tackling the growth in antimicrobial resistance
- Promoting workplace wellbeing
- Increasing physical activity
- AHP interventions showing an impact on population health outcomes and/or wider determinants of health
To apply please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for entries is 9.00 a.m, 29 April 2019.
CAHPR Public Health Research Awards 2019 guidance
CAHPR Public Health Research Awards 2019 application form
“As someone in the early stages of their clinical research journey the award has been an invaluable opportunity to network, learn and build confidence.”
Rafiah Badat, Speech and Language Therapist
“The opportunity to present my research at the PHE conference provided a forum to inform and influence which I found exciting!”
Alison Bruce, Orthoptist