Disseminating your research – charting your progress, top tips to navigate peer review.
The South Central CAHPR hub is delighted to invite attendees to a two session writing and dissemination event. This will be hosted by the team of facilitators from the south coast and is aimed at anyone who is interested in writing up their research, service evaluation or audit. The event is designed to support a range of individuals, including those just starting in their writing journey to individuals with more writing experience.
This is session 2 and will be held on Thursday 30th November 2023, 1.30-4.30pm
Title: Disseminating your research – charting your progress, top tips to navigate peer review.
This session will be led by Professor Maria Stokes and will include:
- Steps to success in publication; open access, journal selection - Prof Maria Stokes and Prof Lisa Roberts
- Breakout sessions, coordinated by Prof Peter Worsley
- Submitting a journal/abstract – guidelines
- Peer review and feedback
- Collaborative writing – co-authorship and acknowledgement
- Open access – what does that mean?
- Working with others – collaborating with writing
- Panel discussion (All)
- Where to share your research – online platforms – Dr Rhiannon Joslin, Prof Peter Worsley
- Resources and ongoing support - EQUATOR reporting guidelines - All
If you attended Session 1 you will have been asked to try and write between the sessions, buddying up with other attendees to provide peer support. Any writing achievements can be discussed in this session. (This is not mandatory).