Sharing your research through dissemination – paper writing, abstracts, and social media
The South Central CAHPR hub is delighted to invite attendees to a two session writing and dissemination event. This will be hosted by the team of facilitators from the south coast and is aimed at anyone who is interested in writing up their research, service evaluation or audit. The event is designed to support a range of individuals, including those just starting in their writing journey to individuals with more writing experience.
We recommend you attend both events to get the most from the course.
Session 1 will be held on Friday October 20th 2023, 1.30 – 4.30pm
Title: Sharing your research through dissemination – paper writing, abstracts, and social media
This session will be led by Professor Lisa Roberts and will include:
- WHY PUBLISH, the importance for Clinical Academic Careers – Prof Lisa Roberts
- Overcoming challenges to writing – Prof Maria Stokes and Dr Claire Smith
- Breakout sessions, coordinated by Prof Peter Worsley
- Getting started where could I publish
- Getting started in writing a paper or abstract
- Strategies for writing
- Maintaining momentum
- Blogs and social media – sharing your research with the public
- KEY RESOURCES – Mrs Louisa Holt and Dr Caroline Belchamber
- PLANNING – Dr Rhiannon Joslin and Prof Peter Worsley
We will ask attendees to try and write between the sessions, buddying up with other attendees to provide peer support. Any writing achievements can then be discussed in Session 2 (This is not mandatory).