On the 1st September 2023 the CAHPR community gained a new regional hub. Welcome CAHPR Lincolnshire!
Amidst the noise generated on social media welcoming CAHPR Lincolnshire, we had time to catch up with new hub lead, Kirsten Guy, to ask her about CAHPR Lincolnshire. Kirsten told us:
Who is CAHPR Lincolnshire:
We are an enthusiastic team of clinicians and academics with a passion for increasing the research capacity and capability for AHPs within Lincolnshire.
Why has it been started?
Lincolnshire is a large rural and coastal county which sits within the East Midlands. We would like to grow and invest in local and regional research that is pertinent to our distinctive health and social care landscape. We believe that CAHPR accreditation will allow greater networking and sharing of resources to help us achieve our research ambitions.
Leadership Team comprises of:
Lead: Kirsten Guy: AHP Research Lead for Lincolnshire: employed by Lincolnshire Community Health Services but working under the Lincolnshire AHP Council.
2. Dr Gregory Whitley: Lecturer Paramedic Science and Paramedic Research Fellow: East Midlands Ambulance Service and University of Lincoln
3. Mrs Louise Howe: Lecturer in Occupational Therapy: University of Lincoln
4. Mrs Aparna Ramachandran: Lecturer in Speech and Language Therapy: University of Lincoln
5. Dr Ruth Parker:Occupational Therapy Practice Supervisor Children with Disabilities Team (SEND): Lincolnshire County Council
6. Laura Walsh: Radiotherapy Clinical Trials Facilitation Radiographer: United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
7. Catherine Kirkpatrick: Consultant Sonographer, Clinical Lead Ultrasound: United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust and British Medical Ultrasound Society Development Officer
Hopes for the hub?
We would like the hub to be a thriving platform for local AHPs to access research resources and support and connect through CAHPR hubs within our Midlands Consortium and nationally. Expanding representation from underrepresented groups and professions in addition to students and support workers, would be within our future plans.
They have lots of things planned so are definitely ones to watch.
Number of subscribers: 1