In 2020 CAHPR commissioned a team from Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust to conduct a strategic review of CAHPR’s mission, objectives and ways of working. We are pleased to share the results of the review, which will inform our plans to give greater support to AHPs interested in research.
The review came up with recommendations in eight areas:
- Refresh and review strategic vision, articulating relevance and impact of AHP research to health service provision and public benefit
- Plan activity based on CAHPR’s unique range of expertise to increase activity that utilises expertise from practice, academia and management
- Adopt a wider remit around research and practice
- Plan for better inclusion and diversity
- Develop a communication strategy increasing visibility and awareness of CAHPR to target audiences
- Review CAHPR structure specifically reach and coordination of regional activity
- Increased working in partnership with others to achieve strategic aims and representation of AHPs in research and AHP research
- Develop a blended funding model to ensure sustainability, cost effective delivery and sources of income.
The executive summary of the findings and recommendations is available via the link below.
Our Strategy Committee will be working on the next steps as a result of the review, starting with a refresh of CAHPR’s mission and a sustainable operating model.
CAHPR would like to thank all the allied health professionals and CAHPR stakeholders who contributed to this review by completing our survey or taking part in interviews. We would also like to thank the review team from the Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust for their work conducting this project.
Number of subscribers: 1